We handle your Tax Planning and Preparation
At Grogan and Company, our tax team offer practical and direct advice, providing a wide range of services from routine tax compliance work to innovative tax planning solutions for individuals and corporates. Our primary aim is to ensure our clients remain tax compliant while minimising tax exposures by utilising tax reliefs and shelters where appropriate.
Our tax consultancy, compliance and planning services include:-
- Corporation tax
- Income tax
- Capital taxes - CGT, CAT, Stamp Duty, etc.
- Payroll taxes
- Relevant contract tax
Companies are required to complete various tax returns in accordance with statutory requirements. We will guide and assist you through this complicated process. Our team can advise you with any queries you may have relating to your company’s Preliminary Tax obligations, withholding taxes and any other returns that fall due.
We believe we make positive differences in relation to business tax planning. Our aim is to clearly understand each client’s unique circumstances, allowing us to utilise our experience and knowledge to implement plans and structures to minimise tax.
We can advise on:-
- Group structures and corporate restructuring
- Retirement and estate planning
- Tax-efficient cash extraction
- Employment, termination and remuneration issues
- Buying and selling a business
- Maximising capital allowance and R&D claims
- Other issues including renewable energy allowances, patents, etc.
Income and Personal tax
Our professionals advise a large number of individuals, sole traders and partnerships. We will compute your tax liability after proactively considering any planning opportunities that can minimise your tax exposure. We offer practical tax efficient solutions in the following areas:-
- Retirement planning
- Estate and succession planning
- Remuneration planning
- PRSI and pension planning
Capital Taxes - Capital Gains Tax, Capital Acquisition Tax, Stamp Duty, etc.
Capital Gains Tax is a tax that arises on gains on the disposal of assets. A disposal means a transfer of ownership in an asset whether by means of sale, gift, exchange or otherwise and includes a part disposal of an asset.
Capital Acquisitions Tax is a tax on inheritances taken and gifts received. There are a number of generous reliefs available including CGT retirement relief, business relief, agricultural relief, favourite nephew / niece relief. Consideration should be given to utilising these as part of the tax planning process.
We can compute your tax liability having regard to any tax planning opportunities that may be available at that time. We will concentrate on minimising the tax payable by beneficiaries through the use of various reliefs.
Value Added Tax
We provide the following services:-
- VAT compliance services – VAT3 and RTD returns
- VAT reviews / health-checks to determine potential VAT exposures and/or savings
- VAT advice in respect of property transactions
- Managing revenue audits
We can provide a fully managed payroll service for sole traders, partnerships and companies. We have dedicated professionals who advise on a wide range of PAYE/PRSI/USC issues.
Our services include:-
- Comprehensive payroll management – weekly, fortnightly, monthly payroll processing including dealing with all Revenue submissions
- Advice in relation to the payment of tax-free mileage and subsistence allowances
- Calculation of PAYE / PRSI / USC relating to non-cash consideration
- Calculation of tax-free lump sums
- Review of employment contracts from a tax perspective and considering whether an individual is employed or self-employed
- Managing revenue audits
RCT (Relevant Contract Tax)
RCT is a withholding tax that applies to payments made by a principal contractor to a sub-contractor under a relevant contract. RCT applies to the following:-
- Construction operations
- Forestry operations
- Meat processing operations
We can provide RCT compliance services, deal with Revenue electronically through the eRCT system, provide RCT reviews / health-checks to consider potential exposures and assist in managing RCT revenue audits
Tax Planning Services we Offer
- Corporation Tax
- Personal Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Capital Acquisitions Tax
- Value Added Tax
- Stamp Duty
- Revenue Audits